If you are feeling isolated and would like to connect with others during this uncertain time with the COVID-19 pandemic, please join an online video chat below with others in your community or across the province of BC. This peer to peer family support is an opportunity for live video contact where you can share, listen, learn, and connect with families facing similar challenges, fears and questions. Come learn what others are doing at this time to creatively manage care for their loved ones, work from home, facilitate online schooling, safely support their communities, reduce their stress, appease their children, stay healthy and more… and, all from home!
- Need help connecting to Zoom? Watch the Zoom Video Conferencing Tutorial: Beginner’s Guide to Registering and Making Your First Zoom Video
- Learn how to join a test Zoom meeting to familiarize yourself with the Zoom and test your microphone/speakers before joining a Zoom meeting.
- Join the test zoom meeting directly without the instructions.
- Before joining a Zoom meeting on a computer or mobile device
Stay home. Stay healthy. Stay connected. Stay supported.
Please reach out anytime to us – we are all in this together!
FSI COVID-19 Resources:
- FSI compiled COVID-19 Information
- Immediate Call To Action From FSIBC – Stay Home; Stay Safe; Stay Healthy
- Update From FSI – Message From Provincial Health Officer
- Family Support Institute Is Available To All Families – Here’s How
- What’s Happening in Your Community Survey
- COVID-19 Pandemic Media Release
- Urgent Concern for People With Disabilities – Letter from Families to BC Govt (MCFD, Education, MSDPR, Health)
- Send your local MLA a Letter
Government COVID-19 Resources:
Family Support Institute among many other provincial and national partners have signed on to this letter asking the federal government to pay stronger attention to persons with disabilities during this health crisis. Please read and share the release from ARCH Disability Law Centre .