Job Title: Administrative and Office Manager Temporary Position (Contract)
25 hours per week – ($22/hour)
Job Contribution: The Administrative and Office Manager contributes to the effective and efficient operation of the FSI office by developing and maintaining various administrative systems. The Administrative and Office Manager provides administrative and overall office support and management to the FSI staff, volunteers and Board of Directors.
Reporting Relationship: Executive Director
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
Support for Core Services
• Provide ongoing support and direction for staff of FSI
• Assist with all documentation and paperwork for the Society
• Answer telephones and direct calls as necessary
• Assist ED with coding of income or expenses as they arrive at the FSI offices
• Maintain office supply stock and order supplies as needed
• Manage telephone technical supports and assist staff with out of office on their emails when offices are closed or staff are away
• Maintain integrity and support to the server, and perform backup as needed
• Assist Ed with formal correspondence regarding the Society
• Maintain the office area and ensure that the office equipment is maintained and in good working order.
• Assist staff and board with coordination of Training Weekend
• Work in collaboration with the Training Coordinator to ensure TW runs smoothly and all correspondence for the weekend is appropriate and consistent
• Attend the Training Weekend and assist wherever needed
Database / Website
• Consistently work in the FSI database to ensure all connections, forms and other technical aspects of the site are working and effective
• Work with the Ed to maintain the database’s effectiveness for FSI
• Maintain the FSI website in collaboration with our office technical support person
• Add / remove information from the FSI website as needed
• Support staff with technical challenges in the office
• Be the point of contact for our web host as well as other technical professionals
• Be available to support all FSI staff to learn the database
• Maintain a positive relationship with all volunteers with the organization
• Maintain and/or support staff to maintain the RP/RFM Directory
• Update the RP Log-in area with RP/RFM changes as needed in the RP/RFM Directory
• Provide support to staff as needed with mailings, communication and correspondence with the volunteers and families supported by FSI
• Work with the Possibilities editor to compile, edit and coordinate the FSI newsletter
• Ensure the newsletter is emailed (or mailed when possible) to the membership
Board Meetings / AGM
• Coordinate travel for the Board of Directors for the board meetings
• Send out Board packages 2 weeks in advance of the board meeting, with the support of the ED
• Take minutes at the board meeting, or support other FSI staff to take the minutes in a manner consistent with our previous format
• Manage membership database to be in accordance with the Society’s Act and voting requirements for the AGM
• Compile and coordinate packages for the AGM
• Process expenses and reimbursements for all staff and volunteers.
• Complete and/or manage the contract for the production of the Newsletter and the Annual Report.
• Establish and maintain appropriate office systems to ensure that all Society records are current, accessible to staff and protected.
• Distribute and file correspondence received and distributed from the Society.
• Collate data and produce statistical reports, as required.
• Co-ordinate and supervise volunteers at the FSI office.
• Ensure the Treasurer of the Board receives the monthly financial statements.
• Oversee and keep current signing authorities for the Society.
• Code and submit all incoming invoices to the Accounting department. Inform the Executive Director of any irregularities.
• Ensure all aspects of the “Gaming” procedures are adhered to. In consultation with the Accounting department and the Executive Director prepare all “Gaming” applications and year-end reports.
• Track membership and membership fees by updating the database.
• Manage the yearly membership campaign, as well as donations and sponsor campaigns throughout the year.
• Track donations and issue tax receipts and “thank you” letters to donors.
• Respond to requests for information regarding membership and FSI in general.
Board of Directors/Society
• Manage all travel arrangements for the Board of Directors.
• Track and facilitate the payment of all Board member expenses and reimbursements. Ensure that all Board member expenses are within the approved guidelines and Budget and, inform the Executive Director of any irregularities.
• Prepare and distribute Board packages in advance of the Board meeting.
• Attend Board Meetings as required.
• Prepare and distribute Board meeting minutes.
• Prepare other Board correspondence as required.
• Co-ordinate the arrangements for all Board meetings.
• Co-ordinate the arrangements for Board Committee, if required.
• Prepare and distribute Board Committee meeting minutes, if required.
• Prepare and distribute material for the AGM.
• Ensure that FSI is meeting all terms and conditions outlined under the Society Act of British Columbia.
• Provide other administrative/clerical support service as required.
Education, Training and Experience
Completion of grade 12 and at least three years general office experience that includes reception and clerical functions is required. Experience working in a human/social service organization and/or a non-profit Society is preferred. Completion of a recognized secretarial program is also preferred. Ability to use current software programs currently being used by FSI.
Priority Skills and Abilities
Given the nature of the work of the organization, the ability to respond to incoming calls in a supportive and efficient manner is a high priority for the position. The position requires consistent display of a welcoming personality and the ability to apply tact and diplomacy in dealing with others despite deadline pressures and constant interruptions.
Job Skills and Abilities
• Demonstrated ability to accurately type 60 words per/minute.
• Ability to operate a PC and related application software programs, including, but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Access, Outlook, Desktop Publishing, Adobe Page Maker (preferred).
• Ability to modify and update a website (preferred).
• Ability to operate the telephone system and other typical office equipment.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines without sacrificing accuracy.
• Ability to organize own work and carry out the duties of the position, independently.
• Ability to proof and edit work for self and others, independently.
• Ability to work both as a team member and independently as required.
• Excellent oral, interpersonal and written communications skills.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Ability to identify the need for additional or different office systems/equipment, develop an appropriate plan to address those requirements and, with the necessary approval, implement the plan.
Additional Information and Requirements
At times, the position may require extended or flexible hours.
Please send resume and cover letter to Angela Clancy, Executive Director at aclancy(at)fsibc.com or call 604-540-8374 ext 524 for more information.