Join Heather Beach on Tuesday October 24, 2023, for Bumps in the Road: Problem Solving
Every family/caregiver wants the best for their child, and when things go wrong, and or we feel that there is a disconnect between what our child needs and what is happening we react with strong emotions, typically not positive ones. Why is it hard? It’s hard because we are coming from a place of love and are also trying to figure out how to interface and navigate within a complex system, and we don’t know all the rules.
In this session, we will be exploring:
• Documenting and addressing issues proactively
• Communication preparing for a meeting bringing someone with you, mapping out what you want to discuss, and being mindful and honest of the emotions behind the issues.
• What is the chain of command?
• Outside resources and supports IBC, FSI BCedAccess, PACs, and PIEs
• Social media – help, and pitfalls
« Back to all events
Heather Beach is a Regional Network Coordinator for the Family Support Institute. She lives in Vancouver where she raises her teenage son who lives with Prader Willi Syndrome and Autism. She has been advocating for her child alongside others for the last 17 years, learning from and listening to families in the province.