External Events: Events hosted by community partners from within BC. (FSIBC is not responsible for the content, management or facilitation of these sessions. All inquiries and comments are referred directly to event organizers.)
- This event has passed.
Youth with Disabilities Town Hall
December 5 2022 @ 8:00 am - 10:00 am PST
SESSION INFO: « Back to all events
We are pleased to inform you that Employment and Social Development Canada is holding a virtual Youth with Disabilities Town Hall on Monday, December 5, 2022, from 11 AM to 1 PM (EST). The Town Hall will be hosted by the Honourable Carla Qualtrough, Minister of Employment, Workforce Development and Disability Inclusion, as part of the Government of Canada’s program in recognition of International Day of Persons with Disabilities 2022.
The Town Hall will focus on two key topics:
(i) climate action and disability, and
(ii) youth employment and entrepreneurship.
The event will open with special keynote speakers and remarks by Minister Qualtrough. This 2-hour event will build upon past youth engagement, including roundtables held prior to and after the 2022 Conference of States Parties (COSP) to the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities, Canada-led COSP side events on youth leadership, and the June 2021 Youth with Disabilities Town Hall held during National AccessAbility Awareness Week.
We are inviting youth with lived experience (15-30 years old) to participate in this event and would appreciate your assistance in sharing this information with your networks.
Please note the event will include American Sign Language, Langue des signes Québécoise, captioning (English and French), and official language translation.
- Contact information: Name, phone number, email address
- Confirmation that the participant is between 15 to 30 years of age
- If accompanied by a support person, please provide their name, phone number, email address
- Official language of preference: English or French
- Interpretive or other services or accommodations that the participant requires
- Confirmation that the participant has read and agrees to the terms outlined in the attached Formulaire de consentement et de renonciation (virtuel) – Consent and Release Form (virtual events). This may either be done by completing the attached form or confirming in the registration email that the participant has read and accepts the terms outlined in the form.
Please note that as a matter of workplace safety for our interpreters and to ensure they can readily understand the speakers, all participants are required to use headsets or earbuds with microphones. Failure to do so will result in not being able to participate in the discussion. Should this not be feasible for accessibility or other reasons, participants must advise us upon registration so we may explore alternate arrangements.
We appreciate your help in circulating this information to support youth participation in this event